Pensions Tax Relief Tax Year End Quiz
Check your answers
Test your knowledge
1. How much tax relief does a member earning £11,000 a year get on making a £1,000 contribution to their net pay workplace pension scheme?
2. How much can someone earning £200,000 a year personally put into a pension as a gross amount and obtain tax relief?
b. £40,000 (less anything their employer has put in)
3. What is the rate of tax relief for an individual with £110,000 of salary making a net £8,000 contribution to a relief at source scheme?
4. If a higher rate tax paying employer sacrifices their salary (all in IHT band), what is the extra saving they get compared to RAS?
5. How much tax relief is gained by someone with £49,500 of earnings, £500 of savings interest who has encashed an offshore bond for a £50,000 gain over ten years if they pay £4,000 net to a Relief at Source pension?
Before collecting your certificate please take a moment to provide us feedback on this session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below and we’ll email your CPD confirmation to you. Please use the email address that you would usually use when making contact with us.