What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are used to help you navigate websites efficiently and perform certain functions. They can also help us to better understand how the website is being used so we can make ongoing improvements to it.
There are two primary categories of cookies:
- Essential (or Strictly Necessary) – those cookies required to make this online service work for you or cookies that store information relating to regulatory questions (e.g. Are you a private or professional investor?)
- Non-essential – all other cookies
- M&G require consent from the user for non-essential cookies to be placed on a device.
- Cookie consent is required for each distinct purpose for which non-essential cookies are used (see Cookie Categories below).
- Cookie consent is captured on an initial visit to this website and expires after 1 year.
- Cookie consent preferences can be amended at any time by visiting this page (please see the Cookie Settings button above).
Cookies have an expiry period. They are created and store data for a specific period of time.
- Session cookies – a cookie that is stored temporarily and expires after your session (or visit) or when you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies – a cookie that persists for a specific period of time beyond a session (or visit). Persistent cookies typically contain preferences or choices that are required to persist across multiple sessions. 7 days, 30 days & 1 year are examples of persistent cookie expiry periods.
This website uses both session and persistent cookies.
Cookies are classified as first party or third party.
- First party cookies are placed from the domain of the website visited.
- Third party cookies are placed from domains different to the website visited. They are traditionally from 3rd party technologies or services used on the website.
This website uses both first party and third party cookies.
The cookies used on this website fall into the following categories.
- Strictly Necessary - these cookies are required to make this digital service work for you. They will also store information relating to regulatory questions. E.g. Are you a private or professional investor?
- Performance - these cookies are used by digital analytics technologies and collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use this website. The data collected is used by us to understand website traffic sources, user browsing behaviour & drive design change.
- Functionality - these cookies enable the website to test new website designs and provide personalised experiences based on user browsing activity.
- Targeting – these cookies are used to provide more relevant advertising when you visit external websites.
- Social Media - these cookies will be set by any social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content. This could potentially impact content and messages you see on other websites you visit. Please visit the respective Social Media sites for details of their cookie policies.